This was the last necklace for my personal "Project Runway." Shipped and paid for!
The mom with mastitis can no longer be bred nor can she feed her does. They have become very tame and have very distinct personalities. The blue eyed one sits with Chinless watching for me. The brown eyed one hangs with her mother, but comes running when she sees me approach. Both should have gorgeous hair, since their mother's is the best of the reds right now.

It is easier to feed the twins than it is to feed Chinless. She has a hard time latching on to the bottle and then pushes too hard. She dances around like a ballerina on her back legs.

I am busy washing fleeces and creating a stash room for spinners and felters. Marc says he won't call it that. He says Fiber Room is better. It is almost stuffed. Will post a photo soon. We bought lights for the room this past Saturday. We also bought ceiling fans for the workshop area. I want to start using the looms out there and it is too hot not to have more air flowing.
The yarn above is some that I have spun from the Woolly Knobs batch that came 2 years after being sent. As I was cleaning out the workshop and moving fleeces, I came across some fleeces that were lovely in terms of color, but were rug yarn to the touch. I am currently finishing up the current project on my large loom, so I can tie on a warp for rugs.
I carded some seconds of three different alpaca fleeces for a friend. One was a Huacaya and the other two were Suri. I coiled the yarn and got surprised by how poorly the Suri coiled. Since I was looking for texture, I am happy with the way it is turning out. Usually I say to go with an 11 needle or higher with coiled yarns, but it looks much better with a 10.5.

One of my does was bit by a snake last Saturday. It might have been a dry bite or the goats might be more resistant to snake venom. When I found her, she was drooling and it looked like she had caught her face on the wire from the fence. Once the antibiotics kicked in and the swelling went down, I could clearly see the snake puncture marks. She is doing well and should recover.
There does not seem to be a dull moment around here. Found a kid (goat) outside the fence yesterday in an area where the coyotes hang out. I spent half hour trying to catch her with no luck. She kept getting under the mesquite and ironwood trees where I could not reach her. My shirt became history and I got aggravated. I went back into the pen area, caught the mom and dragged her around to the kid. The kid was perfectly willing to follow her mother, but I had to drag the mother all of the way back. Since it was over 100 and not a cloud in sight, I felt like I had been in an oven. Most goats know how to get back in where they came out. This kid is a dummy. She cried the whole time!